One Off Ability (or simply One Off) is the special ability that IS can attain in 2nd Shift.
Reason for OccuranceEdit
- As the IS and pilot gain more experience - maybe by getting to know each other better by spending more time together - the IS could optimize itself even further, eventually evolving to 2nd Shift.
- The interesting part is that upon reaching the 2nd Form, some ISs begin to exhibit special abilities, one per IS which is a unique characteristic.
- No two ISs have the same abilities.
- Attempts made to artificially generate same One Off for multiple ISs in controlled environment were unsuccessful. It seems the One Off is decided purely by the combination of the pilot and the IS factors alone.
- Although One Off begins to manifest itself from 2nd Form, very few ISs have actually shown manifestation of One Off in reality, making this ability quite rare.
Known One Off AbilitiesEdit
- Byakushiki was the prototype for trying to recreate the One Off Ability that originated from Chifuyu's own Yukihira.
- Special attribute is to negate the effect of anything consisting of energy (the kinds that does not have physical body.) Allows complete bypass of the opponent's IS shield. Since the attack would not be weakened by IS shield (which is the key defense in every IS) a single direct hit is often enough to force opposing IS to activate Absolute Barrier, effectively rendering its energy-depleted.
- Activation of this ability requires vast amount of energy (which is much more than an IS can continuously supply) so in order to maintain the ability, additional energy has to be converted from its own shield.