A highly advanced IS originally based on Blue Tears, it sports both more advanced abilities in comparison to that of its predecessor as well as a number of other additions by Tabane that greatly balance out many of the original unit's shortcomings.
Not known yet.
1st Shift/Armaments & AbilitiesEdit
As stated for the Silent Zephyrs, the Madoka exhibits master-level control of the six bits, and though they do not make an appearance in the anime once the unit is modified into the Black Knight, it can be assumed that they remain a feature of the unit.
Perhaps the most noticable addition to the Black Knight's armaments is the addition of a large two-handed energy sword which allows Madoka to engage in close quarters combat. In fact, she has shown a great affinity for using her new sword which perhaps hints that Chifuyu Orimura might have taught her swordsmanship or perhaps she had decided to pick up the skill to counter her sister's own proficiency with a sword. Regardless, it is a devestating weapon that cut down an abundance of military IS units prior to her defeat at the hands of Ichika Orimura.
The Black Knight's original Star Breaker also appears to have been modified, now exhibiting two hip-mounted cannons with extremely high energy output. The Star Breaker's now have the appearance of a medieval knight's jousting pole.
- Star Breakers: a gun capable of using both BT energy and live ammunition.
- The Black Knight is another reference to Madoka's relation to Ichika and Chifuyu as the White Knight was the name of the unit Chifuyu used when the IS was first unveiled and the core of the White Knight is the same as the of the Byakushiki.
- Oddly enough, despite the fact that the unit is relatively new, Chifuyu Orimura immediatly identifies it as "The Black Knight" when she sees it for the first time. Perhaps this realization was triggered by the fact that the unit greatley resembles the original White Knight.
- From a full body view, it seems to resemble a butterfly.
- Helmet seems to resemble monsoon's from Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance.